Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Tip to Tip

Hello Everyone!!  Most of you know how much I love flowers so today I thought I'd show you how much fun using the Tip to Tip technique is to colour your flowers!  This technique is great for smaller areas where you need to blend two colours from two different colour families, but you don't have enough room to use the feathering technique.
For this particular image, I've used R85 (a mid toned dusty pink) and E51 (a pale cream).  Always put your darker colour onto your lighter colour.  Painters often referred to this technqiue as 'loading the brush'.  Use your lighter colour as your brush and touch the darker colour to the tip.
Then simply apply the maker to your image.  At first the darker colour will be laid down and then it will fade to the colour of the 'brush' marker.  In this case it starts pink and fades to a cream.
In this image, I've coloured the larger flowers and you can see the closer to the centre is a pink tone and the outer parts of the petal are cream.  You can continue to apply the darker colour to the centres until you are happy with the way it looks.
Finish colouring your image!

Hope you've enjoyed today's tutorial and have a go at using the Tip to Tip technique to colour your flowers!!!

Happy Colouring!
Kathy  :)

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip Kathy. I am going to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I can't remember the last time I coloured as life has been so overwhelmingly busy with full time study. But, I love looking at your beautiful work and I look forward to picking up where I left off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful coloring tips Kathy. I can't wait to see the finished product! Thanks so much for all you did for Mike and I while in Brisbane. All delightful memories.
    Jan Marie
    Flourishes

    ReplyDelete