Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Time to Layer!

Hello Everyone and welcome back to another Copic Oz tutorial!  Today it's all about layering....not layering colour, this time it's cutting and layering parts of images.  When I was a little girl I had paper dolls and I just loved them - doing all of this layering reminds me of those days long gone!  :)

Today I've used Artist Marci by La La Land Crafts and stamped it several times in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card.

For the first image, I've coloured only the easel and left Marci blank since I plan on popping her up on foam tape for dimension.

Next I've coloured various pieces on each image.  One has the face, hair, shirt, shorts and legs.  Another the paint jacket and head scarf.  For another one I've coloured the head scarf again because I couldn't decide which colour I preferred and also the paint palette.

Then I cut all the pieces out!

Then I've started layering the pieces - just like creating your own paper doll!  :)

Hmmmm.....maybe the scarf to match the jacket.....

Attach each layer using X-press It High Tack Foam Tape for some fabulous dimension!

And create your card!!

I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial - why not do some layering yourself and leave us a comment so we can see what you create!!!  :)

Happy Colouring!
Kathy

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. oh! such a beautiful layered card and your colouring is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOh Kathy this looks fabulous, what a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy, I love that you paper pieced with copic colored pieces not DP. Much more original. Your card is fantastic and thank for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great tutorial - loved it! And your card is just fabulous! I have fond memories of those paper dolls myself, and look forward to trying this idea. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete